5 Body Contouring Procedures Included In A Mommy Makeover
With more and more women turning to cosmetic surgery to help enhance their bodies after pregnancy or weight loss, you have likely heard of mommy makeover surgery. While you may know that mommy makeover surgery can transform your figure, many women are unfamiliar with exactly what’s included in a mommy makeover. Board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgical specialist Dr. Omar Ahmed and the award-winning team at Omar Ahmed, M.D. are proud to offer life-changing mommy makeover surgery in Pasadena, CA using the most cutting-edge techniques and procedures available today. Learn more about how the mommy makeover works here, including what treatments and surgeries are typically included in the procedure.
What is a mommy makeover?
Mommy makeover surgery is a transformative body contouring procedure that aims to reverse the unwanted side effects of pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. Additionally, mommy makeover can be beneficial to women who have experienced physical changes related to weight loss and/or the natural aging process. Common concerns that can be addressed or corrected with mommy makeover surgery include:
- Sagging breasts
- Droopy breasts
- Loose skin
- Extra skin
- Tummy pooch
- Diastasis recti
- Stubborn fat
- Stretch marks
- Loose thigh skin
- Hanging arm skin (bat wings)
What does a mommy makeover include?
Because each woman’s needs are unique, Dr. Ahmed takes great care to customize every mommy makeover procedure to match the patient’s individual goals. For some women, the primary purpose of a mommy makeover is to restore their pre-pregnancy body, while other patients undergo a mommy makeover as the final step in an extreme weight loss transformation. While the possibilities are virtually endless, the five procedures most frequently included in a mommy makeover surgery are:
- Breast augmentation: With various options, including saline implants, silicone gel implants, and fat transfer to the breast, breast augmentation can restore lost breast volume and a more feminine figure overall.
- Breast lift: Often combined with breast augmentation, a breast lift removes loose skin, reshapes the breasts, and raises them to a more natural point on the chest for a perkier, more youthful contour.
- Tummy tuck: Not only can a tummy tuck remove loose skin and stretch marks, but it can also correct diastasis recti (separated ab muscles), fix a hernia, improve stress urinary incontinence, and more.
- Liposuction: For many women, stubborn pockets of fat linger after weight loss or pregnancy. In addition to removing excess skin, a mommy makeover often includes liposuction to remove fat deposits in the abdomen, hips, thighs, flanks, and buttocks.
- Skin removal: The abdomen and breasts aren’t the only areas where loose skin develops after pregnancy and weight loss. Many women are left with hanging or wrinkled skin on the thighs, upper arms, and elsewhere. Skin removal surgery, such as a thigh lift or arm lift, is often included to further enhance the body contouring effects of a mommy makeover.
During your initial consultation for Pasadena, CA mommy makeover surgery, Dr. Ahmed will thoroughly evaluate your areas of concern, discuss your personal goals, answer all of your questions at length, and explain your various options. Based on all of this information, Dr. Ahmed will create a custom-tailored surgical plan that will best meet your overall needs.
Restore the feminine figure and self-confidence you deserve with a full mommy makeover surgery in Pasadena, CA
Every woman deserves to feel feminine, confident, and sexy—even after having children! If you are frustrated by the unwanted side effects of pregnancy, weight loss, or age, a mommy makeover surgery may be the solution you’ve been searching for. To learn more about this exciting procedure, and to find out whether you may qualify, call the knowledgeable team at Omar Ahmed, M.D. to schedule your private consultation for a mommy makeover in Pasadena, CA with board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgical specialist Dr. Omar Ahmed today!