Tips To Choose The Right Sized Breast Implants
Breast augmentation is not a one-size-fits-all procedure. In fact, breast augmentation is arguably one of the most customizable cosmetic surgeries available today. With virtually endless possibilities in terms of breast implant type, size, shape, and other aspects, breast augmentation offers women the unique opportunity to personally choose their ideal look.
Renowned board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgical specialist Dr. Omar Ahmed and the expert team at Omar Ahmed, M.D. are highly knowledgeable and experienced in the complexities associated with selecting the most appropriate breast implants for various body types and personal preferences. Use this helpful information from Dr. Ahmed to familiarize yourself with some of the most common breast implant options in Pasadena, CA, and learn more about how to choose the best implant for you.
What is the best type of breast implant?
While there are a number of selections to make regarding your breast augmentation surgery, one of the first and most important choices is what type of breast implant to get. Most commonly, breast augmentation in Pasadena, CA is performed using either saline implants, silicone gel implants, or a fat transfer to the breast. Each type of breast implant has its own set of advantages and appropriate uses, and Dr. Ahmed will help patients better understand which kind of breast implant may be right for them. Some of the most notable aspects of breast implant types include:
- Saline implants: Saline breast implants have been around for a number of years and continue to be the preferred choice for many patients and surgeons. These implants are filled with a fluid saline solution that can be safely absorbed by the body should an implant rupture, though this will result in a visible deflation and asymmetry that requires immediate implant replacement. Because silicone gel implants are only approved for use in women 22 years of age and older, saline implants are a common choice for younger patients.
- Silicone gel implants: Thin women and those with naturally small breasts may be good candidates for silicone implants, as these implants generally show less rippling than saline implants. Additionally, a great deal of people agree that silicone gel breast implants look and feel markedly more natural when compared with saline implants.
- Fat transfer to the breast: A third option, fat transfer to the breast, may be a fantastic alternative to breast implants for women who prefer a more natural breast augmentation approach. Rather than using implants, fat transfer to the breast involves harvesting fat from another area of the patient’s body and injecting it into the breast to create a more attractive new breast shape and size.
How many cc implants should I get?
In addition to choosing breast implant type, shape, profile, and placement, patients will also need to select their breast implant size. Because breast size is often the primary concern prompting women to seek breast augmentation, choosing the most appropriate breast implant size is particularly important – and sometimes overwhelming.
To help you settle on the best implant size, Dr. Ahmed will thoroughly evaluate your concerns, needs, goals, and more. During your preoperative appointments, you will have the opportunity to look at samples of various implant sizes, browse photo galleries, and discuss different implant sizes with Dr. Ahmed. Patients should keep in mind that breast implant sizes are measured by volume (cc’s) and do not directly correspond to traditional cup sizes. Furthermore, different sizes of breast implants can look drastically different from patient to patient. For example, 350 cc breast implants may look exceptionally large on petite women, while a 6’ woman with natural curves may feel underwhelmed with 350 cc implants. By taking multiple factors into consideration, Dr. Ahmed will help you decide on a breast implant size that can most closely produce your ideal look.
Finally, Dr. Ahmed will have an array of various implant sizes prepared and available in the operating room in order to ensure symmetry and a stunning look at the actual time of placement.
How to know what size breast implants to get
When determining your ideal breast implant size, you and Dr. Ahmed will thoroughly discuss and consider the following:
- Body type
- Height and weight
- Personal preferences
- Ideal results/goals
- Skin elasticity
- Current breast size
- Amount of natural breast tissue present
Helpful tips and tools for deciding which breast implant size is right for you may also include:
- Preoperative consultation
- Before-and-after photo galleries
- Breast implant sizers
Feel confident in your breast implant selections with expert advice from your Pasadena, CA breast augmentation surgeon
Patients considering breast augmentation may already have an idea of the breast implant size they want, but consulting with an experienced plastic surgeon is the only way to determine with certainty what breast implant size will help you achieve your ideal look. To learn more about the exciting possibilities of breast augmentation in Pasadena, CA, call the knowledgeable team at Omar Ahmed, M.D. to schedule your one-on-one consultation with board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgical specialist Dr. Omar Ahmed today!