What You Should Know Before Mommy Makeover Surgery
A mommy makeover is a combination of fat-reducing and skin-tightening procedures so you can have the body you've always wanted. Common treatments include liposuction, a tummy tuck, and breast augmentation. All of the options are personalized to meet your unique aesthetic goals and needs. The best part is that all these body contouring procedures can be combined into a single operation setting, making it convenient and cost-effective. The preparation and planning for mommy makeover surgery is an exciting experience. Board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgical specialist Dr. Omar Ahmed and the caring team at Omar Ahmed, M.D. have compiled a list of things you should know before your big day. If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact our office in Pasadena, CA.
What to know before booking a mommy makeover in Pasadena, CA
A mommy makeover can be personalized to reflect your cosmetic needs. Not all women need to have the procedures that typically make up a mommy makeover; some only need breast augmentation and a tummy tuck. The only way to determine what procedures you require is to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon, like Dr. Ahmed. With that in mind, you will need to make sure you meet the following criteria before mommy makeover surgery.
- If you had a baby, wait six months after giving birth before considering a mommy makeover.
- You will need to be in good overall health because mommy makeovers typically involve more than one surgical procedure.
- Quit smoking at least three weeks before surgery.
- List all medications you are currently taking as they can affect your ability to have surgery.
- You will need to be at a healthy weight or within 25 pounds of your ideal body weight.
- While not necessary, it is a good idea to wait until you're done having children. Each subsequent pregnancy may alter or undo the results of your surgery.
- Compared to the costs of individual cosmetic procedures performed separately, a mommy makeover is more cost-effective with one surgical day. However, you will need to budget accordingly to manage the expense or discuss financing options with one of our friendly staff members at Omar Ahmed, M.D.
When is the best time to get a mommy makeover?
Women often ask about the best time to get a mommy makeover. Our answer: It depends. Some women wait until they are done having children or their kids are older to get a mommy makeover. On the other hand, some women want help with stubborn pockets of fat or skin tightening help sooner rather than later to regain their self-confidence. A one-on-one consultation with Dr. Ahmed will help you determine the best timeline to meet your needs and what procedures will need to be done to achieve your aesthetic goals.
Mommy makeover near me, and do I need one?
Mommy makeover surgery is a multi-treatment procedure that can restore a woman's body and boost her self-esteem while transforming more than one area of the body. Dr. Ahmed typically combines breast augmentation with a tummy tuck and liposuction, yet each one is structured around a woman's needs on a case-by-case basis. The body contouring procedures generally performed as part of a mommy makeover include:
- Abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck, to remove excess skin and tighten abdominal muscles
- Liposuction to reduce stubborn pockets of fat
- Breast lift to restore breasts to a perkier position
- Breast augmentation to restore breast volume and add more shape
- Nonsurgical treatments, like BOTOX® or dermal fillers, to rejuvenate your facial appearance
A mommy makeover in Pasadena, CA should be performed by a qualified and experienced expert, like board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgical specialist Dr. Omar Ahmed. If you live in Pasadena, CA, and need cosmetic help with mommy makeover procedures offered at Omar Ahmed, M.D., contact our office to schedule a consultation today.